We are proud to be the largest student club at Columbia Business School.
Our mission is to provide opportunities for our members to learn about the Private Equity industry, enhance career opportunities, network with industry professionals and provide a forum to meet fellow students who share similar interests.
Five Primary Initiatives
- The Annual Private Equity Conference
- Professional Development
- Student Events
- Alumni Outreach and Engagement
- Global Private Equity Competitions
The professional development initiative of the Private Equity Club includes two programs: professional development events and an internship program. Every year, the Club hosts and participates in various private equity competitions both on campus and globally. Past competitions have included the Venture Capital Investment Competition (VCIC), the Social Venture Capital Investment Competition (SVCIC), the Leveraged Buyout Competition and the DFJ Business Plan Competition.
Since 1994, the Private Equity has organized an annual conference to bring together a unique collection of industry leaders, academic practitioners, alumni and current students to discuss recent trends and emerging issues in the private equity industry.
Alumni outreach is an important Club initiative that helps bring together current MBA students and past Columbia Business School alumni that are active in the private equity industry. Alumni outreach is accomplished both on a Board level by organizing internship opportunities and firm visits for current Club members, and on a membership level through Club events that bring together current students and alumni.
Select Columbia Business School alumni include:
- Jeff Barber (Managing Director), TA Associates
- Stacey Bishop (General Partner) Scale Venture Partners
- Russ Carson (Co-Founder and General Partner), Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- David DeLeeuw (Co-founder and Chairman), Huntsman-Lion Capital, LLC
- Mark Dzialga (Chairman of Investment Committee), General Atlantic
- Paul Ferri (Founder and General Partner), Matrix Partners
- Mark Gallogy (Founder and Managing Director), Centerbridge
- Bob Goodman (Partner), Bessemer Venture Partners
- Habib Kairouz (Managing Director), rho
- Henry Kravis (Founding Partner), KKR
- Alan Patricof (Founder), Greycroft Ventures
- Lionel Pincus (Founder), Warburg Pincus
- Paul Queally (Co-President), Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Joe Rice (Co-Founder and Chairman), Clayton Dubilier & Rice, LLC
- Brian Rich (Co-Founder and Managing Partner), Catalyst Investors
- Laura B. Sachar (Co-Founder and General Partner), StarVest Partners
- Ian Sigalow (Co-Founder and Partner), Greycroft Ventures
- Robert Smith (Founder, Chairman & CEO), Vista Equity Partners